Whether it’s for work or for pleasure, there is no doubt that you will spend some time travelling this summer. So whether it’s a flight to Spain or a train journey to Ramsbottom, here are some tips to make sure you don’t waste a second of your journey.
1. Have a plan. Prioritising your work will help you complete urgent tasks before getting on with the more mundane tasks.
2. Make sure all your files are accessible offline. While it may seem obvious, it is easy to forget which files are on your computer and which are just on your emails.
3. Clear the backlog. If there are a lot of distractions or you are tired, use the time to clear out your inbox and even plan work for when you arrive.
4. Have a 50 minute brainstorm. All you need is a pen, a sheet of A4 paper and 50 minutes. Think of every task you have to do, no matter how large or small, and write them all down. Then go through an prioritise the tasks.
5. Make a plan of action on how to tackle your biggest problem. Its easy to put off the tough decisions or risky tasks. Use this time to figure out your ‘how to’ guide on how to get it done.
The time you spend travelling can either be written off completely or used to do the things you normally don’t get a chance to do.
What do you think? What is your ideal way to spend your time when travelling.