Content & Relationship marketing
Content refers to the content of the messages you send out.
“41 percent of consumers say they would consider ending a brand relationship due to irrelevant promotions, and an additional 22 percent say they would definitely defect from the brand”
(Chief Marketing Officer Council Report, 2009)
The beauty of relationship marketing is that, when done correctly, the prospect sees exactly the content that they want to see, at exactly the right time in the buying process.
- For example, sending brand new enquires an order form instead of a ‘Thank you for getting in touch’ email is clearly an example of the wrong content at the wrong time.
- However, ‘noticing’ that a prospect has returned to your website and viewed your ‘terms & conditions’ 3 times in the last week is a clear buying signal, so it would make perfect sense to send an email asking them if they are happy with what they see and if they want to talk to a member of the sales team.
Implementing a dedicated Dynamic Content Engine is not always easy, as, in the past, it has been very difficult to get different systems to talk to each other, and therefore, most of the work had to be done manually.
Not any more.
All our systems are built around a Dynamic Content Engine that is specifically designed to:
- Store & manage modules of content
- Integrate with the Campaign Manager to deliver exactly the right content at the right time
- integrate seamlessly with existing marketing processes
With the help of some simple business rules and some pre-agreed triggers, your prospects can automatically receive modules of content that are a perfect match for their point in the buying process – meaning more sales, less wastage & healthier relationships.
We build Dynamic Content Engines for each client, to serve up the right content for each message, and this engine selects from a library of modules of pre-compiled content (usually these are simple re-writes from your existing copy).
Naturally, the content modules combinations are practically infinite, so it is vitally important to carefully define business rules & triggers to ensure the right combination of modules are delivered at precisely the right time.
Luckily, we’re experts at this.
See how our Dynamic Content Engine works with our Individually Personalised Newsletters.